A large number of foreign companies are working in Bangladesh with success.
As elsewhere in Asia, business builds to a large extent on personal networks. Danish exporters and investors will do well by establishing a personal network with potential partners, stakeholders and relevant authorities.
In general, English is understood by most business people in Bangladesh. Formal meetings in the presence of expats are conducted in English both in private and the public sector.
- Public sector office hours are Sunday to Thursday from 09.00 – 17.00 hours
- Transaction hours for banks are between 10.00 hours to 15.00 hours
- Private sector office hours are between 09.00 hours to 18.00 hours (many offices remain open on Saturdays as well)
- Shops are usually open from 10.00 hours till 20.00 hours
- Weekends are held Friday and Saturday
The commercial staff is ready to assist you in overcoming the challenges you may face doing business in Bangladesh.
Some of the Danish companies currently active in Bangladesh